CASA ASC Excellence Award
In 2016, CASA unveiled the CASA Award for ASC Excellence, awarding 5 ASCs for their contribution to healthcare in California.
The CASA Award for ASC Excellence acknowledges a CASA member facility who exemplifies best practices in the surgery center industry, plus actively promotes and advocates for ASC excellence and inclusion in the healthcare delivery system.
The criteria for the CASA Award for ASC Excellence is built around 5 pillar categories.
- Membership – Facility supports the ASC industry through active engagement in professional organizations.
- Advocacy – Facility drives ASC related legislation at both the Federal and State level through education, action and financial contributions.
- Quality Metrics – Facility drives transparency and clinical quality in the ASC through facility benchmarking and public reporting and superior performance of important metrics including outcomes, pricing and patient satisfaction.
- Education – Facility ensures clinical best practices, operational efficiency and regulatory compliance through ongoing patient, staff and physician education.
- Community Involvement – Facility is actively engaged in educating the public regarding the benefits of ASCs and demonstrating leadership in improving the general health of their community.
In addition to the CASA Award for ASC Excellence, the most outstanding center will be awarded with the CASA ASC of the Year award.
Announcement of the awards will take place at the CASA Annual Conference, September 6-8, 2017. The conference will be located at the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort and Spa in Indian Wells, California.
Is your ASC meeting these pillars of excellence? Make sure to investigate further and submit your center's application for consideration.
As this is a CASA sponsored award, all nominees must be members of CASA. Nominees should submit an application to CASA and must demonstrate activity in each section (Membership, Advocacy, Quality, Community Involvement, Education, CASA Involvement). Further information, guidance and an application can be found at the links below. Applications should utilize information and activity from 2016 and will be accepted March 6, through June 30, 2017.