CASA Award for ASC Excellence
Application Deadline is June 30, 2019
In 2016, CASA unveiled the CASA Award for ASC Excellence, awarding 5 ASCs for their contribution to healthcare in California. Since then CASA has awarded several ASCs each year for their pursuit of excellence. This is a great opportunity to have your ASC acknowledged by their peers and further let the public know the service you provide. If you feel your ASC excels in the criteria listed below, we encourage you to submit your candidacy. All applications including supporting documentation must be hard copy mailed and postmarked no later than June 30, 2019.
The CASA Award for ASC Excellence acknowledges a CASA member facility who exemplifies best practices in the surgery center industry, plus actively promotes and advocates for ASC excellence and inclusion in the healthcare delivery system.
The criteria for the CASA Award for ASC Excellence is built around 5 pillar categories.
- Membership – Facility supports the ASC industry through active engagement in professional organizations.
- Advocacy – Facility drives ASC related legislation at both the Federal and State level through education, action and financial contributions.
- Quality Metrics – Facility drives transparency and clinical quality in the ASC through facility benchmarking and public reporting and superior performance of important metrics including outcomes, pricing, and patient satisfaction.
- Education – Facility ensures clinical best practices, operational efficiency and regulatory compliance through ongoing patient, staff and physician education.
- Community Involvement – Facility is actively engaged in educating the public regarding the benefits of ASCs and demonstrating leadership in improving the general health of their community.
In addition to the CASA Award for ASC Excellence, the most outstanding center will be awarded the CASA ASC of the Year award.
The announcement of the awards will take place at the CASA Annual Conference, September 4-6, 2019. The conference will be located at the Portola Hotel & Spa, in Monterey, California.
Is your ASC meeting these pillars of excellence? Make sure to investigate further and submit your center's application for consideration.
As this is a CASA sponsored award, all nominees must be members of CASA. Nominees should submit an application to CASA and must demonstrate activity in each section (Membership, Advocacy, Quality, Community Involvement, Education, CASA Involvement). Further information, guidance, and an application can be found at the links below. Applications should utilize information and activity from 2018 and will be accepted through June 30, 2019.