CASA ASC COVID-19 Resources
CASA COVID-19 Resources
As the healthcare community response to COVID-19 evolves daily, ASCs are considering whether they should cancel surgical cases. On Saturday, March 14, 2020, the United States Surgeon General called for hospitals to cancel elective surgical cases and the American College of Surgeons has provided guidance. It is unclear how this directly impacts ASCs. We are working with stakeholders to provide further clarification. It is imperative that all ASCs are coordinating with their local department of public health. As hospitals are implementing their disaster operations, ASCs should be responding likewise and coordinating their plan in conjunction with their local emergency medical response.
As ASCs coordinate with their local health departments and hospitals, it is possible they will be asked to assist with providing alternate medical care from their normal operations to assist in the pandemic response.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- California Department of Public Health.
- CDC – Information for Healthcare Providers – COVID-19
- CMS Current Emergency Portal
- Generic Protocol Template
Policies and Tools
- Emergency Operations Plan
- Sample Emerging Infectious Disease Policy
- Attachment A-Screening Decision Tree
- Sample Health Hazard Assessment And Prioritization Instrument
- COVID-19 Drill Kit
Signs and Posters