Workers' Compensation Battle Continues
SB 863 Formally Introduced Late Friday
The workers’ compensation reform proposal that was drafted in secret, unfortunately made its way into SB 863 late Friday, despite tremendous opposition from several parties. Those behind the legislation are continuing to push it through this final week of the legislative session. SB 863 hits ASCs hard by reducing the workers’ compensation ASC fee schedule to 80% of Medicare HOPD, nearly a 40% reduction.
We ONLY have FIVE DAYS left to derail SB 863 which is being authored by democratic Senator Kevin De Leon (D-Los Angeles) and Assemblymember Jose Solorio (D-Santa Ana).
We are continuing to call on all CASA members!
Today’s focus is the Assembly. They need to hear how this will impact the ASC, patients, jobs and local businesses in their community.
Even if you have already written a letter and phoned in your concerns we all need to do so again!
The updated strategy for each center to follow is:
- Get all your physicians and staff involved:
- Look up your Assembly member contact information at the following link: Find My Legislature
- Use this updated Assembly Floor Alert as a guide in your personal response. You should email and fax a copy to your Assembly member and these key legislators.
- Call your Assembly member and these key legislators identified by CASA at their district office and their capitol office using these talking points
- Check out these social media sites sponsored by groups in opposition to SB 863 and share with your contacts.