Why choose an ASC?
Looking for an ASC career? We post listings for ASC nurses, surgery center staff, surgical nurse, pacu nurse, OR nurse, ASC administrator and many more everyday!
National Surgical Centers Stockton
The Administrative Director (“Director”) will assist in the planning and opening of a new ambulatory surgery center in Stockton, California. The Director will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all activities of the ambulatory surgery center facility according to its policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives.
Other duties include:
- Participates in financial and cost-containment decisions, including preparing and adhering to budget
- Ensures that the facility meets all related local, state, federal, and accrediting-body rules and regulations
- Serves as internal risk manager
- Responsible for management of all aspects of the environment of care
- Responsible for hiring/orientation/ongoing pertinent education of personnel
- Responsible for ordering, tracking and maintaining inventory of materials/supplies/equipment
- Coordinates and directs patient care in the facility according to adopted policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and accepted accreditation standards
- Promotes a favorable image of the facility to physicians, patients, insurance companies, and the general public
- Other administrative duties as required
- Language skills adequate for high-level written, interpersonal, and telephone communication
- Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheets, electronic medical records, word processing
- RN strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, healthcare management or related field with commensurate experience required
- Master’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years ASC experience and/or ASC clinical experience with director-level healthcare management background
Competitive salary and benefits. Qualified applicants only.
If interested, send resume to Diane Boone at email@example.com.
Director of Nursing
Van Nuys, CA
Calling all Nursing Leaders with hands-on OR experience and strong leadership skills! If you love leading and the opportunity to jump in to provide direct patient care, join our team at The Center for Orthopedic Surgery as Director of Nursing. Note: Previous OR and leadership experience in an ASC environment are required.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Surgery Center. This includes but is not limited to overseeing the scheduling of procedures, inventory control, QA/ QI, staff credentialing, preventative maintenance and safety, risk management and all related supporting services of the ambulatory surgical center and its personnel.
EDUCATION and/ or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current California Registered Nurse License
- Previous OR and DON experience in an ASC environment is required
- Ortho and PACU Experience a plus!
- Current American Heart Assn. BLS and ACLS certifications
- Major Functions and Responsibilities:
The main function of the Director of Nursing is that of leadership and promotion of cooperative staff effort. The Director of Nursing is responsible for the allocation and completion of assigned functions in daily operations. This is a busy ASC with approximately 70 employees and 450 cases per month.
Areas of accountability of the Director of Nursing are outlined as follows:
- Monitor day-to-day internal flow and physician relationships
- Assist in Pre-Op, PACU, and O.R.
- Coordination of activity within the O.R. suite.
- Maintain adherence to operating policy/procedure manuals.
- Monitor daily staffing of employees and assignments.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with patients, co-workers, and other health team members.
- Responsibility for performance evaluation of all department personnel.
- Coordination of the provision and control of materials, supplies, and equipment with the Materials Manager.
- Risk Manager Designee.
- Maintain Employee Files.
- Monitor payroll/ overtime.