Why choose an ASC?
Looking for an ASC career? We post listings for ASC nurses, surgery center staff, surgical nurse, pacu nurse, OR nurse, ASC administrator and many more everyday!
Aspen Surgery Center
Walnut Creek, CA
Aspen Surgery Center in Walnut Creek, CA is a multi-specialty outpatient surgery center. We offer a state-of-the-art environment where patients and professionals alike benefit from the latest surgical techniques and technology.
We are currently seeking a Physician's Assistant with robotic experience in an outpatient surgery setting.
Robotic surgery experience in GYN and General Surgery cases is required.
Please note* If selected for the position, you will go through our credentialing process to obtain privileges to assist in surgery.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Nursing
The Surgery Center of Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
The Surgery Center of Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Joint Commission accredited, is looking for a dedicated, experienced, quality-driven Director of Nursing (DON) to join our professional patient care team.
The Director of Nursing (DON) provides nursing and administrative direction to all clinical staff of the surgery center, including directing and coordinating all clinical activities, resources and personnel. DON provides clinical and operational expertise to the clinical areas; creates, updates, interprets and enforces personnel policies and procedures; develops through collaboration with Clinical Managers and Charge Nurses, and nursing team, all clinical policies, procedures and programs, demonstrates leadership ability and exceptional professional behavior while conducting day to day responsibilities, collaborates with the Administrator and/or Medical Director in the development of the clinical budgets and staffing plans. This position does require patient care responsibilities as needed to support clinical staff.
Position Reports to:
All Clinical Personnel, OR Manager, PACU Manager, Charge Nurses, Radiology Technician, and other personnel as assigned.
Licenses or Certifications:
Current licensure to practice in the State of California. Successful completion of Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Basic Life Support Course.
Education, vocational training and experience:
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing. A BSN or equivalent experience is required. Significant experience in Operating Room and Clinical Nursing and Management is required. Current experience in ambulatory surgery is required. Current CNOR certificate preferred. Materials management experience is preferred. Must have the ability to manage multiple facility operations.
We are located in a metropolitan area on the boundaries of Berkeley and Oakland. We are adjacent to the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station for easy access via public transportation and we also offer free reserved parking.
The Surgery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Surgery Center will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, marital status, familial status, political belief, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are motivated to work in a fast-paced, high quality environment with a mix of specialty services, please contact us by faxing your resume to Kim D’Ambrosia, RN, MSN, CASC, Administrator, Fax: 510-653-5242.
Folsom Sierra Endoscopy Center
AMSURG’s Folsom Sierra Endoscopy Center is currently searching for full-time Registered Nurse to work Mondays-Fridays who can work cooperatively with staff and physicians and perform a variety of tasks. The ability and willingness to “cross-train” and flexibly perform different responsibilities (such as preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative care, among others) are essential. Major responsibilities include: prepares patients for procedures; provides care for patients in recovery; actively participates in all Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement activities; and all other tasks as assigned.
Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in acute care nursing, knowledge, and skills, be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing, have a current state license to practice as a registered nurse, maintain basic cardiac life support certification and ACLS, and have at least two years of registered nurse experience (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center). GI experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified candidates are invited to apply.
Apply Now! Come Join our Team! We offer Competitive Pay
Associates or better
2 years registered nurse experience
Licenses & Certifications
Advanced Cardio Life Supp.
Basic Life Support
Director of Nursing
Newport Beach, CA
Our multi-specialty Surgical Center located in Newport Beach, CA is in need of a full-time Director of Nursing. The Director of Nursing is responsible for directing, coordinating, and controlling the multi-disciplinary activities required to provide a safe environment for patients undergoing surgical intervention.
- Determines and accomplishes objectives which are in concert with facility objectives.
- Supervises and directs patient care.
- Supervises other personnel and staff; directs and assists as necessary.
- Assures that proper technique and practices are used according to accepted standards of practice.
- Ensures quality patient care following the center’s policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to physicians as required.
- Ensures proper documentation to meet state licensing, Medicare, and accreditation standards.
- Conducts group meetings and coaching on a one-to-one basis.
- Participates in the quality improvement process. Acts as the Quality Improvement Coordinator for the Center.
- Participates in the center’s infection control plan process. Reduces chances of nosocomial infection by directing attention to infection control and environmental safety practices.
- Participates in financial oversight within budgetary guidelines, particularly with staff salaries and payroll costs.
- Follows through with orientation, training, and education of personnel to procedures, methods, techniques and safety precautions.
- Determines performance expectations for nursing personnel. Provides for a performance appraisal system based on performance expectations and individual goals.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures.
- Interprets policy, procedures and directives and recommends the establishment, amendment or cancellation of policies, procedures or directives.
- Determines educational needs of staff and provides appropriate resources for meeting educational needs.
- Participates in Medical Executive Committee activities.
- Assumes the responsibility for assurance of patient safety during the state of enforced dependency created pre-operatively, intra-operatively, and post-operatively.
- Is responsible for creating a safe, therapeutic environment in which the patient's psychological, physiological and physical needs are identified, anticipated, and met.
- Has a thorough working knowledge of aseptic technique and its application.
- Assesses needs for instrumentation, supplies, equipment and pharmaceutical requirements of surgical procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Director of Clinical Services, the Medical Director, and the Governing Body.
- Is responsible for overseeing and directing all drug utilization, control and accountability per policies.
- Must file an incident report for any unusual event that occurs to a patient or member of staff; this would include, but not be limited to, falls, needlestick injuries, aspiration of gastric contents, allergic reactions, and disruptive behavior by staff or patients. Also required to report any incidences or alleged incidences of abuse, harassment, or injury to self, other employees, or patients occurring at the Center or relating to the Center.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing.
- Current RN (Registered Nurse) licensure in the State of California.
- Current certification in Basic BLS, ACLS and PALS.
- At least two years of recent experience as a charge nurse.
- Full command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- May be expected to lift twenty-five pounds without assistance. Is required to obtain assistance when moving patients unable to assist in move, unless patient is in wheelchair or on gurney. May be required to push patients in wheelchairs or on gurneys. Will be expected to obtain assistance when needed.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGE TO SEND THEIR RESUME FOR IMMEDIATE REVIEW.
Please send your resume to Carole Schumacher at email@example.com,
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Folsom Sierra Endoscopy Center
AMSURG’s Folsom Sierra Endoscopy Center is currently searching for per diem Endoscopy Technician to work Mondays – Fridays who can work cooperatively with staff and physicians and perform a variety of tasks. The ability and willingness to “cross train” and flexibly perform different responsibilities is essential.
Major responsibilities include: cleaning procedure rooms; assisting physicians; processing scopes; restocking and changing over rooms; performing housekeeping duties and assisting in maintenance of all supplies; and all other tasks as assigned.
Endoscopy experience is required.
You must possess a HS school diploma/GED and a BLS certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are invited to apply.
Apply Now! Come Join our Team! We offer Competitive Pay
High School or better.
1 year: Endoscopy experience
Licenses & Certifications Required:
Basic Life Support
Apply online NOW at:
Endoscopy ASC Administrator
Avanza Healthcare Strategies on behalf of Endoscopy Center in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Avanza Healthcare Strategies is supporting our client Cedars-Sinai in its search for a motivated and energetic Administrator for a high-volume and fast-paced Endoscopy Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) located in Los Angeles, CA. The ASC- an affiliate of Cedars Sinai- is physician-run and home to the latest advances in technology and equipment, many of the area’s most reputable physicians, and a hand-picked team of dedicated, experienced nurses and technicians. The Administrator will be a critical member of the leadership team and responsible for the daily oversight of the ASC.
SUMMARY OF ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the mission and vision of Cedars-Sinai Health System and Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation.
- Consistently provide direction on new opportunities in business growth, strategic planning, marketing, and daily operations and will have oversight of all ASC processes, programs, plans, procedures, credentialing files, services and policies.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the Governing Body, the long-range financial development, and management of the center.
- Ensure that organizational projects/goals are met, and this position has budgetary responsibility for assigned areas.
- Teach and coach staff on workflows including the creation and adherence to standard work.
- In conjunction with the Director of Nursing, manage subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs and takes the time to know the status of each staff member's skill level and opportunities for training.
- Demonstrate the important characteristics and responsibilities of a leader and takes the time to communicate with key stakeholders to make sure they are updated on new projects, programs and completion of projects/tasks.
- Work with Governing Board in charting and implementing the Center’s mission in accordance with the needs of the community.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws, professional and regulatory agency standards and licensure requirements. Maintains staff compliance with health system and Foundation policies, procedures and protocols.
- Foster an environment, which promotes staff growth and development as well as assess staff’s educational needs and implementing programs to meet those needs.
- In conjunction with the Director of Nursing (DON) establish and maintain standards of nursing care.
- Responsible for ASC policy & procedures and coordinate efforts for AAAHC and/or JCAHO, CMS, State of California accreditation surveys.
- Manage, hire, supervise the selection and training of new team members and ongoing professional development of staff.
- Prepare and present management reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to the Governing Board and Medical Executive Committee.
- Prepare materials for and attend meetings of the Governing Board and Medical Executive Committee.
- Function as key resource for staff and physicians in utilization of key information systems and technologies. Assumes responsibility as practice liaison for the resolution of system related issues, identification of opportunities for improvement and implementation of key systems and system and workflow enhancements.
- Provide direct coaching, performance management and mentoring to employees in designated areas.
- Oversee and provide training to staff.
- Participate in the design and support the operational implementation of organizational restructuring, new workflows, processes, programs and technologies.
- Maintain strong partnership and collaborative communication across department areas of the Foundation and with associated service departments of CSMCF. Serve as liaison for areas of operational responsibility with facilities management, patient billing, utilization management, quality, risk, human resources and payroll.
- Knowledge of the principles and experience in the practices of health care planning and management.
- Familiarity with health care billing, codes, terminology.
- Outstanding written and oral communication.
- Fiscal management skills. Proven ability to prepare, monitor and control budgetary expenses and generate increased productivity and revenues.
- Knowledge of regulatory, reimbursement, legal and policy issues as they relate to operational management. Strong working knowledge of State Licensure requirements and other compliance regulations including Joint Commission, AAAHC, and HIPAA standards.
- Experience with Lean Management. Demonstrated experience with running a department in a manner that supports the concept of continuous improvement, a long-term approach to work that systematically seeks to achieve small, incremental changes in processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
- High degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to analyze situations and take effective action.
- Analytical ability to synthesize data to develop reports and help inform decision making.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five years of management experience in an ambulatory healthcare setting.
- Previous experience in a freestanding ambulatory surgery center.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Healthcare, Management or related field.
- Graduate of accredited nursing school and active RN license preferred.
- Master’s degree in health care management or business administration preferred.
The above statements reflect the general outline considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements. Candidates may be asked to provide three references upon request and undergo a background check.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Resumes@avanzastrategies.com.
Operating Room Circulating Nurse
Sequoia Surgical Pavilion
Walnut Creek, CA
Sequoia Surgical Pavilion is a multi-specialty, free standing ambulatory surgery center located in Walnut Creek, California, 20 miles east of San Francisco. Established in 2001, the surgery center combines the latest surgical technologies and treatment methods available today.
Our state of the art facility contains six operating rooms and one procedure room. We specialize in Orthopaedic Surgery (including total joints and limited spine), General & ENT surgical procedures as well as Pain Management services.
Hours of Operation Monday – Friday 6am-7pm, closed on major holidays.
Send resume to: Lindsay.Pleasant@surgerypartners.com
- Demonstrates eligibility for employment in the U.S.
- Graduate of NLN accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current licensure in the state of California.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience.
- Is aware of professional nursing standard and performs in accordance with them.
- Demonstrated skills in verbal & written English communications for safe and effective patient care and to meet documented standards.